World Egg Day – Which Came First the Chicken or the Egg
It’s World Egg Day on Friday 13th October, so time to ask the big question:
Which came first, the Chicken or, the egg?
– it’s official, in ChickenGuard’s 2017 global survey 65% of chicken owners voted for
Votes came from far and wide: 33% UK, 55% USA, 3% Australia, 4% Canada. (We are still waiting for the votes from Turkey.)
But you can still HAVE YOUR SAY? Vote in the ChickenGuard fun poll:
Here’s what our survey told us about some other vital chicken and egg issues……
* Dean Martin liked his eggs with a ‘smile’. And we asked how you prefer yours. THe US and UK couldn’t agree:
Fried: UK 35%; US 58%
Poached: UK 35%; US just 4%
Scrambled: UK 20%; US 28%
Boiled: UK 18%; US 9%
* 61% voted to say chickens crossed the road to get to the other side!
* 95% of you kept chickens for the eggs; 33% keep Chickens for companionship
* Foghorn Leghorn (Looney Tunes) is the fave cartoon character on 43%
* Did you know that nearly a million people in Britain keep chickens, that’s nearly as many as hamsters.
ChickenGuard are based in Cambridge and make automatic Chicken coop door openers.
The device is operated by a nifty light sensor and or timer. It opens the coop at dawn and shuts at dusk. It keeps hens safe from predators and gives chicken keepers a well deserved ‘lie in’ in the morning.
The survey was conducted in July/August 2017, with a total of 395 respondents.
For more information on the ChickenGuard Survey contact us.
Comments are closed