If your string comes off its spindle:
Very occasionally we have found that if your hens are in a rush to get out of the coop early in the morning, the lead hen will push up the door in her hurry to leave. This sometimes results in the string becoming slack and either winding up the wrong way or getting in a tangle. If this happens, we have created this guide to show how to rewind your spindle.
Confirm that the Red/Black lead is connected correctly, (as per the photo), with the black wire on top.
Note: If the Red/Black lead is connected the wrong way up, the UP and DOWN arrows will react opposite of command.
✓ Correct: Make sure the cord enters and loops UNDERNEATH the spindle.
x Incorrect: Make sure the cord does NOT enter OVER the top of the spindle.
Note: If the cord has been wound on incorrectly, follow these instructions:
- Press MENU to enter the programming mode.
- Press UP or DOWN to scroll through the menu until you find: CALIBRATE DOOR.
- Press MENU to enter the calibration mode.
- Note: Always maintain tension on the cord to prevent it from unravelling.
- Press and hold the UP button until at some point the cord has doubled up on itself.
- At this point, the cord will start winding itself the other way around on the spindle.
- Keep holding the UP button until it has rewound a sufficient amount of cord.
Note: If you are unsure or don’t feel confident in doing this yourself, please send your unit back to us with a cover note saying that you would like your spindle re-wound and we will do this free of charge for you. Please don’t forget to include your return address! We aim to return your unit the same day so you won’t be without it for long!